I did a nice interview over at Author Interview Corner. I talked about writing my first book, the first thing I ever wrote, and, of course, Drunk Hulk. Here’s a sample:
What inspired you to write your first book?
I wrote my first book when I was in college. The inspiration was a flammable compound of all the writers I was absorbing at the time, alcohol, and a huge dose of arrogance that convinced me that I had the great American novel inside of me already. The spark that lit it was a sloppy and chaotic relationship I was involved in that I misconstrued as The Perfect Romance. It took me a year to write the book on two different continents – because, you know, that worked for Hemingway, right? The results were 80,000 words of awful that will never see the light of day. It’s the perfect storm of bad ideas and overconfidence. It’s the Necronomicon of pretentiousness. If you take it to a cabin in the woods and recite specific passages, the dead will rise up and roll their eyes at you. I’m hesitant to talk about it because even the title sounds pompous.
Also, here is the updated list of the interviews I’ve done in the past. Feel free to read or listen to them at your leisure.
- Wroclaw Uncut Interview (with Famous Jim Williams and Derrek Carriveau)
- Christian A. Dumais on the Destination Asphyxiation podcast
- Christian A. Dumais on The Glory, The Glory podcast
- Drunk Hulk Creator Crushes Puny Daily Dot Writer
- Drunk Hulk cwierka z Wroclawia na caly swiat (in Polish)
- An Interview with Christian A. Dumais (The Laugh.pl Podcast)
- See where Christian writes.
- DRUNK HULK Twitter Master Talks Burst Culture, a TOP SECRET Project, and Why He Avoids ‘The Daily Show’
- UGO’s Interview with Drunk Hulk Creator
- Writing Insight
- The Wroclaw International Interview
- Drunk Hulk Unmasked
- Author Trek
- Freelance Writing
- Conversations with Writers
- Conversations with Writers 2